Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Thought Before Bedtime

On NPR tonight, it was said that the framers' genius was that the Constitution worked because of our flaws, not in spite of them. I find revelation in this. Perhaps many important things should be this way, designed so our weakness allows us to excel. I wish I could think of an example; marriage came to mind at the time, as a place this idea could be very influential.

I am sure there is some flaw in my thinking, for I didn't think about it very long, but it was one of those flashing confident moments, where I felt a very important operating principle had been revealed to me. These moments are often lost, as I think this one seems now to have been, but I think for that moment, I knew something very important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home