Sunday, May 14, 2006

Downpour

I rearranged the living room after the new carpet was installed, and I moved the desk by the front window. On a sunny day it is very nice. It is particularly nice right now to sit here by the window, because it is sunny, but pouring down rain. The water is collecting and beading off the tree leaves, and the slate tiles on the covering over the front door are steaming at the water runs down.

It is past five on Sunday afternoon, and this is the second day I have accomplished very little. I do not feel like I am resting in anticipation of something as I sometimes do, or enjoying a quiet moment in between busy weeks. No, this feels like shirking. Deliberating shutting down to avoid heavy thinking.

Maybe this rain will cleanse away the malaise.

It is really very beautiful, this sun and rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home